Lee's 'Better Communication Results' blog

A blog to help YOU communicate better for better business results!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Your Jewish Neighborhood: Mrs Shel podcasts

Forgive me for my slight irreverance, but when I heard that Shel Holtz's wife is 'Michelle', I just had to laugh -- what if Shel in fact isn't married, but has a double life?

Completely not true, of course, as you can immediately tell when you listen to Michelle's new interview-format podcast (or should I say Godcast) on Reformed Jewish issues - Your Jewish Neighborhood.

I've just listened to the first show and I have to say I'm impressed. Okay, I don't have to say it, Shel's a friend after all, but I actually am.

If I cast my memory back to the first podcasts of Shel & Neville, Heidi Miller and myself, we were all pretty amateur. But we had passion, we had heart and we had a mission. Now look at us. (Some would say one of us (aka me) is still amateur, but that would be unkind.)

So the same will happen with Michelle Holtz - and she has the benefit of her husband's substantial experiences and expertise, the result of which is that her first podcast is a considerable cut above the first few shows I put out, for example.

I look forward to hearing many more and expanding my knowledge of a religion and culture that has had such an impact on our world.

Side note:
As part of my Masters studies on Christianity I spent a bit of time wandering through the Old Testament; are the Israeli Jews who didn't permit that marriage (discussed in Michelle's podcast) similar in style to the Inter/New Testament period Sadducees and Pharisees? What IS a reformed jew? Why are they different from, say, orthodox jews? Is the difference based on 'flavour' such as is found in Christianity with its Catholics, Pentacostals, Charismatics, Lutherans, Protestants, and so on... one house of God but many rooms?

I wonder if I can record a comment to/for her show? Will it be played?