Lee's 'Better Communication Results' blog

A blog to help YOU communicate better for better business results!

Friday, August 05, 2005

The Alfred Deakin Debate: Barons to Bloggers

Barons to bloggers cover
My local friendly newsagent gave me an industry-only clipping over a fortnight ago, before I went on holiday, and it's an advisory notice on an upcoming book. Well, the book is now out and I'm keen to get a copy.

Entitled "Barons to Bloggers: Confronting Media Power" it is the first publication in a series produced in conjunction with the Alfred Deakin Innovation Lectures.

The authors ask where the media's frontline is now and who is there. They ask if the rise of the blogger challenges the authority of traditional mainstream media and does it represent a failure in traditional media outlets?

As I said, I'm keen to score a copy -- when I do I'll post a review.