Lee's 'Better Communication Results' blog

A blog to help YOU communicate better for better business results!

Friday, July 08, 2005

OneNote as notetaking tool

As I have blogged recently, I have been using OneNote for a week or so now as my primary knowledge management tool. I use it to jot down notes for my work, thoughts for my blog posts, and so on.

Haven't come to grips with the intricacies of it by any means, but definitely enjoying using it.

One really nice feature is that it cuts and pastes really tastefully into my blog posts. When I use UltraEdit (a hangover from my code-cutting geeky days) I have to manually enter extra line feeds to break up the text into paragraphs on my blog, even though I've broken the text into paras in UltraEdit. But OneNote carries across the paragraph breaks into the blogger text entry blocks.

It also carries across any links. I haven't tested if it carries across formatting such as bold and italic, but no doubt I'll test that soon. And who cares if it doesn't? Not having to re-enter double linefeeds as paragraph breaks is a real time-saver for me.

And I am doubly impressed that with SP1 it now offers password protection. Very handy for keeping all of my username and password data easy to find, as well as login addresses for emails, ftp for sites and so on.

OneNote? - definitely a recommended tool for knowledge management and bloggers.