Lee's 'Better Communication Results' blog

A blog to help YOU communicate better for better business results!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Linking and targeting

It is really beginning to annoy me...

I can fully understand why people do it---because of pop-up ads and the blocking thereof---but the lack of a default or 'switchable' target for links from blogs to other blogs or sites is really annoying. When I want to follow a link from someone's blog I have to right mouse click and 'open in new window'.

Whenever I create a blogpost I have to manually edit the html to append the requisite target="_blank" code to each link. Time consuming and error-prone.

But if I don't do it then I run the very real risk of someone following a link from my blog and disappearing from view for ever. Not a desired outcome for me.

Does anyone else have a solution to the targeting conundrum?