Lee's 'Better Communication Results' blog

A blog to help YOU communicate better for better business results!

Friday, May 06, 2005

Bloggers near me: inaccurate map, so not using this service

Originally saw a neat applet on Neville's blog (I often find cool stuff on his blog, like his comments, that free clock, the 'who's visiting your site' tracker...)

The applet lets you know how many other bloggers are near you.

This is cool, so I went to the site, entered my details, and my map is nowhere near where I actually am. I went back and re-entered my data, including going to all the trouble, as they suggest, of finding out my latitude and longitude.

The software didn't recognise the data. And no matter what address I put, it still didn't update or reflect my actual location.

Nice idea, but not for me at this stage.